Monday, August 15, 2011

DIY Weekend Project- “Sew” Easy Pillows

Like most of you, I have a LONG list of weekend projects. It seems like the list gets longer and longer in the summer. Since we are trying to get our New Office up and running, I only had time for a very small project this weekend.

As many of you know, I just love me some “BLING” (aka Pillows) in bedrooms, living rooms, dining rooms…wherever!

In June, I bought some napkins from Home Chic. I decided the color fit perfect in my guest room rather then in the kitchen.


So…I decided to make them into pillows instead of using them to wipe our dirty faces on!
First, I measured the width of the napkins. Then I went to JoAnns to get a pillow form that would fit perfectly inside.
Next, I ironed out all the wrinkles and placed the napkins wrong sides together.

I followed the seams in the napkins and pinned three sides together, leaving the fourth side open for the pillow form.

Next, I placed the foot of the machine along the seam and stitched all three pinned sides.

Minor Accident! I pinned my finger as I was taking out the pins while the machine was running! OUCH! (Take this step out of your instructions!)

Once I finished sewing, the pillow cover looked like this.

I stuffed the pillow cover with my 18inch pillow form. Then, I stitched up the fourth side following the napkin seams like before.

Here is the end product! Wasn’t that “Sew” Easy?

Aren’t they pretty? I love the different patterns and textures on the bed!
{Pictures of the Guest Room coming soon!}


 
Here is another example of the “Sew” Easy Pillow. Instead of using two napkins, I only used one patterned napkin and folded it in half to make this lumbar beauty!


What DIY projects have you been working on?

Amy ©

Linked to:

Visit thecsiproject.com

3 comments:

  1. I love using napkins to make pillows! I have used them a few different ways for my living room pillows! http://thriftyfindsandredesigns.blogspot.com/2011/03/weekend-projects-burlap-letter-and-new.html

    I love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable! Ilove the combo on the bed, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from the CSI Project! These are so cute, love the color!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews