Thursday, April 12, 2012

Growing Wheat Grass

Yes I am growing grass! (not the kind you smoke) You guys are always thinking the worse! HA!

I love bringing the outdoors in and what better way than growing real grass!



I wasn't really sure on how to go about it, but I saw these rock tea light holders at Arhaus and I knew I needed to grow some grass!

First, I went to our local Whole Foods store and bought 2 LBs of wheat berries. (yeah I didn't know what a wheat berry was either!)



Then, I put a large handful into a glass jar and added some water. I let them soak for almost a whole day.



Next, I added some potting soil to my rock'n rocks!



Then I spread the soaked seeds onto the top of the soil.


If you look close enough, you can actually see some little white sprouts!


I soaked the soil really well and left them on the kitchen windowsill over the weekend.

After only 4 days!! Not kidding.....

WE HAVE GRASS!!

Why can't our yard grass grow that quickly? Ummm...



I think they are adorable. I am going to move them into the dining room this weekend. I need a little green miracle in that room!

What have you been working on this week? Be back tomorrow to show you some more crazy projects!


Linked up at:

4 comments:

  1. Lol. I was thinking the same thing... why can't the grass in our yards grow in 4 days. But these are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colleen! Maybe we just need different grass for our yards!

      Delete
  2. you won't believe but I have been trying to grow wheat grass and have been failing numerous times, your tutorial seems easy and I will give it another try, fingers crossed.. I wish I succeed this time.. :)
    Thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  3. “I need a little green miracle in that room!” – Same goes for me! I think it will be good to have some greens in their spaces. And I’m glad that you opted for wheatgrass. Wheatgrass has tons of benefits. It is a powerful detoxifier, liver, and blood protector. The enzymes and amino acids found in amino acids can help protect you from carcinogens. Anyway, those rock pots look awesome! They rock!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews