Thursday, April 26, 2012

Momma's Strawberry Pie

It is strawberry season here! Sorry to those who are still digging out of the snow! Your turn will come soon!

I showed you this awesome picture on Monday:


I picked two buckets for $8.00 a piece! There were so many strawberries that I had to make something. Me and the Hubs were not going to eat all of those berries! We would have stomach aches for a month!


Today I am going to let you in on my momma's strawberry pie recipe. 


Ingredients:
1 Pie Crust already baked
3/4 Cup of Sugar
2 Tablespoons of Cornstarch
2 Tablespoons of Corn Syrup
2 Tablespoons of Strawberry Jello
1 Cup of Water
1 quart of Strawberries


Step1: Mix Cornstarch, sugar, syrup and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook until clear.



Step2: Add jello and stir mixture together. Then cool jello mixture.


Step3: Cut and arrange strawberries on a baked pie shell.

Step4: Pour jello syrup over strawberries.

Step 5: Refrigerate for a couple of hours to help the jello mixture set.

Step 6: TIME TO EAT!!! (add a little whipped cream if you must)


Easy.... right? I made a couple of pies this week and also some freezer Jam!
I am all strawberried out!

Tomorrow is Friday All! YESSSSS

1 comment:

  1. this is the best strawberry pie i've ever had! on behalf of the entire Anderson family, I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews