Thursday, June 7, 2012

{Pinterest Meal} Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Since Spring has arrived, we (the Hubs & I) have been trying to eat light. Pinterest is of course a great source for some fabulous meals. I especially love it because I get stuck in such a rut of always making the same things over and over. I mean...if it tastes good and your audience loves its...why not right? Well, I am getting sick of it. So recently I have been searching out other options.

I came across this fabulous blog called Skinnytaste.com! There are some wonderful recipes for healthy eating and all the meals I have tried were AWESOME!

The first meal that we made from Skinny taste was the Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps. Sounds weird huh? Well let me tell you, they were delicious!!!



For the chicken:

  • 24 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
  • 1 celery stalk
  • 1/2 onion, diced
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 16 oz fat free low sodium chicken broth
You combine all of these ingredients and place them in a slow cooker for 4 hours. Then you take the chicken out and shred it. You put the chicken back into the slow cooker and add 1/2 cup of the chicken broth and 1/2 cup hot cayenne pepper sauce (I used Frank's). 


You let it simmer for another 30 mins. After the 30 minutes, I tasted the chicken and thought it needed some more hot sauce. I like my meals SPICY, just like my men.  Okay..on to cooking! I added another 1/4 cup of hot sauce. It was perfect!


For the wraps:



  • 6 large lettuce leaves, Bibb or Iceberg
  • Sliced Tomato
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
  • 2 large celery stalks, cut into 2 inch matchsticks
place 1/2 cup buffalo chicken in each leaf, top with 1/4 cup shredded carrots, celery and dressing of your choice. 








Wrap up and start eating!


As you can see....someone wasn't quite sure about this lettuce wrap thing! HA! His second wrap consisted of an actual tortilla wrap! Men....they are funny!





Have you found any great recipes that I need to try?? Do share!

Linked up at: Craftionary, Liz Marie Blog, Addicted to Decorating

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews