Friday, August 31, 2012

A Reader's {DIY Headboard}

Well it is finally Friday all! Hope you have some exciting plans for the long weekend. I am hoping to accomplish some organization of the pantry. Wish me luck! It is very scary in there! hehe


Last week I received an email from a reader showing me her finished headboard that her and her husband tackled. So I wanted to share with you all! 


Hey Amy! Here are a few photos of my headboard and master bedroom. The rest of the room needs some love, but I'm working towards eventually improving it. :)

I adapted the plans from one I found here: http://ana-white.com/2012/04/plans/chestwick-upholstered-headboard-queen

Luckily I have a husband who is an excellent woodworker, so it came together in just a weekend. The total cost was about $150 - a little more than I had wanted to spend, but we splurged and went with oak because I thought since it didn't need a lot of wood, we could go with something nicer. The fabric is just a canvas drop cloth from Lowes.

Hope you're doing well! I enjoy reading your blog and seeing what's inspiring you!

-Sarah Lynn



I am excited for you to see how Sarah Lynn's headboard turned out.....





















What do you think? I have always wanted to try and make my own headboard, but have been a little intimidated. This sure motivates me!

I love that Sarah Lynn created this on a budget. This headboard is gorgeous for only $150. Drop cloth for the fabric portion is genius! It is a great neutral that can be used in any room or can stay with the room as she changes out bedding and accessories.

Fabulous job Sarah Lynn! Thanks for sending me pictures!

Have a great weekend all!


2 comments:

  1. A great rusticy looking headboard. One day when I have buy a country place (I can dream, can't I??) this would be a great and affordable idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this would be perfect for a country home or mountain home too! Now you have me thinking girl....

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews