Friday, June 6, 2014

Fabulous Feature Friday {Atlanta Home with Character}

Hello All! Can I get a Woot Woot? It's Friday! I hope you have some wonderful things planned. We have birthday parties and a food truck rodeo event this weekend. I am looking forward to being outside. You can follow along as I am sure going to post some pics on Instagram {@eatsleepdecor}!


Today's feature Friday is extra special because I am featuring a family member's home. My Aunt and Uncle have lived in Atlanta for many years. They have lived in four different homes throughout the Atlanta area. I get so excited to visit each time because not only am I greeted with warm hospitality (as well as my Aunt is a fantastic cook...bonus!), but their home is amazing. My Aunt was an interior designer for many years and you can see she has an amazing eye for every detail.

These pictures were taken by my father when they were down to visit. My Aunt and Uncle had just moved in at the time so there are rooms that weren't quite put together, but you all don't care! It looks amazing anyhow! After these photos were taken, the screened in porch was painted, new light fixtures went into the kitchen and plantation shutters were placed throughout the home. Enjoy the Tour!









This home has so many incredible features and upgrades like the details above the windows, the built-ins, the chunky crown molding and wainscoting as well as the beautiful triple tray ceilings in the master.  





I wish I had a better picture of the kitchen because they just added some industrial pendants above the island as well as a fabulous chandelier in the eat-in kitchen area. They also created more cabinetry for extra china and kitchen items. I will be sure to snap some pictures of those areas when I visit next. 























 My Aunt also likes to garden. There are layers upon layers of beautiful flower beds and gardens throughout their outdoor space. The stone work is amazing too!


I absolutely love the details they have put into their home. It is fun to see how they mix vintage pieces with modern art and lighting. I adore seeing our family heirlooms throughout the home as well. I can picture exactly where these pieces were in my grandparent's home years ago. Our homes should tell a story of our past through pieces we have collected as well as photographs and art. That is exactly what my Aunt and Uncle have done with their home and I hope someday my home has a story to tell.

I am so excited to be able to visit Atlanta again this July while at the Haven Blogging Conference. I will be sure to update you on some pictures of their kitchen and amazing basement while in town!

Thank you to my wonderful family for letting me feature your gorgeous home! Love you all! XOXO



4 comments:

  1. What a lovely home! Some many wonderful architectural details as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I so wish I could bring more of those architectural details into my home as well!

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous home! Can't wait to see you at Haven!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! I know! I can't wait till Haven! See you in a few weeks.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews