Monday, October 5, 2015

Sofa Pillow Options- Need YOUR Vote!

Hello Hello! Can you believe this is the third week in a row that I posted something!? (Yeah...me neither considering some crabby babies over here. )
Anyhoo...I had a birthday a couple of weeks ago and my husband asked me what I wanted for my birthday. I told him to not buy me anything, that I wanted to pick out some pillow covers for the couch! So I am in need of a little help from all of you.

I bought this floral fabric when we were in Williamsburg last year. I know it isn't quite fall-ish, but I really love the colors and think it will help me steer the living room in the direction I want to go. The picture below reads more red than it really is in person. The background is more of a coral color.



My mother-in law was nice enough to sew the pillows for me since I would have to clean off an inch of dust off of my sewing machine. Haven't seen that sweet girl in months! The pillows below are my inspiration:

I am loving the contrast between the dark piping and the light neutral back. There are so many colors to pull from in this pillow that I am having a hard time deciding on a pillow combination for the couch. 

I currently have two large pillows on my gray sectional. I wrote about simplicity a while back and this post was my inspiration for why I chose only TWO pillows

Well after a few years of loving on these pillows it is time for a change! Take a look at my five options below and let me know what you all think!


I have to admit this one is a favorite of mine. I like the modern against the traditional. I feel as though my house is a bit like this combination. I have a mix of traditional family pieces as well as modern fixtures and lines within my home. 


Goldenrod Square Key PillowTeal Velvet Pillow
I get a more traditional vibe from the pillows above. The velvet lumbar adds a bit of texture as well as the pattern play between the other two.

Citron Velvet PillowDalmatian Print Pillow
This combination is a bit more modern. I love the dalmatian print against the floral. It really kicks the wow factor up a notch!


Gray & White Pattern PillowGoldenrod Square Key Pillow
Pattern, Pattern Pattern! This combination is also fun, but not sure I can pull it off!


Gray & White Pillow, Teal Velvet Pillow, Goldenrod Square Key PillowDalmatian print pillow
This last option has a mix of all the pillows to create a bit of interest. I do love this look and could really use a mix against the sectional.

Okay...your turn! Which option is your favorite OR do you have another combination you think might wow me? Give me your best shot!


4 comments:

  1. Hi, we don't know each other, but I like your blog :-) Option 1 is my favorite. The black and white keeps your attention on the red flower pattern. The other options just pull your eyes in too many different directions. The B&W will also make the black piping stand out, which you say you really like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Options 1 & 2 are my favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like #4, though to be honest with two emerging toddlers, not sure they will ever look like this:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's #2 for me! I love anything with blue!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews