Monday, January 25, 2016

Pantone Colors of the Year {Rose Quartz & Serenity}

Yes you read that right... COLORS of the year. Usually Pantone comes out with one color for the year but this year they decided to throw a curve ball in the world of color and design.

Introducing Pantone's 2016 colors of the year:


Some of you may love these colors while others may be a bit turned off at this color combination. Before you leave this post let me give you some inspiration that will either confirm your dislike for these colors or change your mind on these pastel-like colors.

Let's start with Rose Quartz....I am attracted to this color in small doses. Am I going to paint a whole room this color? Probably not. (unless my daughter wants a pink room someday, then we'll talk)  But a throw pillow or accent vase would add just a touch of pink without going overboard. And how about this door color? I might get on board with that! 








The table setting below really shows how both colors can be paired well together. And of course I love how they added a touch of gold!

source unknown


Now onto Serenity.....
I have to admit that this color in small doses would also work for me. However, I am not a huge fan of the purple undertones in this color so I am giving you a glimpse of more of a sky blue in some of these inspiration photos. 







unknown source




I am really drawn to spaces that have more of a neutral backdrop which bring out the pastel colors with a pop!

Can you get on board with the new colors of the year? Which inspiration photo is your favorite?

Have a wonderful week lovelies! 

2 comments:

  1. The rose quartz color is pretty and I love it on the front door,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the table setting! I am not usually a big fan of pastels but the examples that you chose are so pretty. I may have to reconsider my feelings about pastels.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews